CATSection: User Commands (1)
Updated: June 2012
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEcat - concatenate files and print on the standard output
SYNOPSIScat [OPTION]... [FILE]...
Concatenate FILE(s), or standard input, to standard output.
- -A, --show-all
- equivalent to -vET
- -b, --number-nonblank
- number nonempty output lines
- equivalent to -vE
- -E, --show-ends
- display $ at end of each line
- -n, --number
- number all output lines
- -s, --squeeze-blank
- suppress repeated empty output lines
- equivalent to -vT
- -T, --show-tabs
- display TAB characters as ^I
- -v, --show-nonprinting
- use ^ and M- notation, except for LFD and TAB
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
- cat f - g
- Output f's contents, then standard input, then g's contents.
- Copy standard input to standard output.
AUTHORWritten by Torbjorn Granlund and Richard M. Stallman.
REPORTING BUGSReport cat bugs to [email protected]
GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/>
General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/>
Report cat translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/>
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
SEE ALSOThe full documentation for cat is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and cat programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info coreutils aqcat invocationaq
should give you access to the complete manual.
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:29:02 GMT, December 24, 2015