Updated: March 6, 2007
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEbtrace - perform live tracing for block devices
SYNOPSISbtrace [-s] [-t] [-w N] [-n N] [-b N] [-r <dbg mnt>] [-a <trace>...] <dev>...
The btrace script provides a quick and easy way to do live tracing of block devices. It calls blktrace on the specified devices and pipes the output through blkparse for formatting. See blktrace (8) for more in-depth information about how blktrace works.
- Displays data sorted by program (see blkparse (1)).
- Displays time deltas per IO (see blkparse (1)).
- -w N
- Sets run time to the number of seconds specified (see blktrace (8)).
- -n N
- Specifies the number of buffers to use (see blktrace (8)).
- -b N
- Specifies buffer size for event extraction (scaled by 1024) (see
- -r <dbg mnt>
- Specifies the debugfs mountpoint.
- -a <trace>...
- Adds mask to current filter (see blktrace (8)).
- Specifies the device to trace.
% btrace /dev/sda
will show a trace of the device /dev/sda.
AUTHORSblkparse was written by Jens Axboe, Alan D. Brunelle and Nathan Scott. This man page was created from the blktrace documentation by Bas Zoetekouw.
REPORTING BUGSReport bugs to <[email protected]>
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2006 Jens Axboe, Alan D. Brunelle and Nathan Scott.
This is free software. You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of the GNU General Public License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
This manual page was created for Debian by Bas Zoetekouw. It was derived from the documentation provided by the authors and it may be used, distributed and modified under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2.
On Debian systems, the text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2.
SEE ALSOblktrace (8), blkparse (1), verify_blkparse (1), blkrawverify (1), btt (1)
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:34:24 GMT, December 24, 2015