KPARTXSection: Linux Administrator's Manual (8)
Updated: July 2006
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEkpartx - Create device maps from partition tables
SYNOPSISkpartx [-a | -d | -l] [-v] wholedisk
DESCRIPTIONThis tool, derived from util-linux' partx, reads partition tables on specified device and create device maps over partitions segments detected. It is called from hotplug upon device maps creation and deletion.
- Add partition mappings
- Delete partition mappings
- List partition mappings that would be added -a
- set device name-partition number delimiter
- force creation of mappings; overrides 'no_partitions' feature
- force GUID partition table (GPT)
- sync mode. Don't return until the partitions are created
- Operate verbosely
SEE ALSOmultipath(8) multipathd(8) hotplug(8)
AUTHORSThis man page was assembled By Patrick Caulfield for the Debian project. From documentation provided by the multipath author Christophe Varoqui, <[email protected]> and others.
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:34:26 GMT, December 24, 2015